Printfriendly

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Wild Berry, Pecan, Goat Cheese Salad With Roasted Chicken

Last week Hubs and I went on a motorcycle ride up to Pemberton, BC. Pemberton is located just up the highway from the Whistler ski resort, and the drive there is very conducive to motorcycles-curvy, absolutely gorgeous scenery, and when it's sunny you can't beat it.

When we were there we stopped for lunch at a little place called "The Pony". It was one of those times where we stopped only because it looked busy (and busy means good), and later couldn't believe our luck. Probably one of the only restaurants I've been to where they print that their philosophy is "good food grown close to home", and boast organic greens, grass fed beef, and more, the Pony makes everything from scratch.

It shows, too. My veggie panini came with the most amazing side salad; fresh organic greens topped with berries, goat cheese, and candied pecans. I was in love. So in love, that I made my own when we came home.

Berry, Pecan, Goat Cheese salad


I added a bit of sliced roasted chicken to mine to make it a meal, and a delicious meal it was! I also candied the pecans myself and while they were okay, they weren't exactly what I was going for. I was thinking of something shiny, in a glaze. These were in a meringue.

Want to make it yourself? You'll never guess how easy it is.

salad greens

mixed fresh berries (I used blueberries and fresh wild blackberries. You could use raspberries or strawberries too)

goat cheese ( I used a cranberry goat cheese, which was delicious)

thinly sliced red onion

Candied pecans

Raspberry vinaigrette (Renee's makes a good one, so does Newman's own)

Basically I just arranged the greens on the plates, and then added everything else as I went. It looked beautiful, was really fast to make, and tasted delicious.
© 2005-2017 all written and photographic content by Scattered Mom/Karen Humphrey (unless otherwise specified) and may not be reproduced or used in any manner without consent. All rights reserved.

© 2014 Chasing Tomatoes, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena