Printfriendly

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Food Revolution Friday: Pizza

Are you a fan of cheesy, gooey, delicious pizza like I am? For Food Revolution Friday I shared a whole wheat pizza dough recipe. Topping pizza is another story and what ever you choose to plunk on that dough makes the difference between a good and a great pizza.

What did I use? Instead of pizza sauce, I used some passata in my fridge. It did make the crust a bit soggy. Maybe trying pesto would be an idea.

On this particular pizza I used zucchini, red and yellow sweet bell peppers, mushrooms, and seeded tomatoes. For cheese, I used some mozzarella, freshly grated Parmesan, and crumbled feta. Follow the dough directions to this point, then bake the pizza at 450 F in the bottom of your oven for 10 minutes until the crust is golden brown. When it's finished baking, I often turn the oven onto broil and move the rack higher so that I can broil the top just for a bit to brown it. Make sure you stand right there and watch though, so you don't ruin all your hard work.

What do you like best on your pizza? We're a veggie pizza family, but I'm open to trying new things this summer. Suggestions?
© 2005-2017 all written and photographic content by Scattered Mom/Karen Humphrey (unless otherwise specified) and may not be reproduced or used in any manner without consent. All rights reserved.

© 2014 Chasing Tomatoes, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena