Printfriendly

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Crockpot Chicken and 40 Cloves of Garlic

I was looking for something easy, and boy did I find it this week over at Crepes of Wrath. Jake could probably make this. Basically you plunk a cut up frying chicken in your crock pot, sprinkle in some herbs and then you saute up a whole whack of garlic cloves. Deglaze the pan with some wine, and toss that in. I also added about 1/2 cup of chicken stock, because it looked as though mine didn't have enough liquid and things were going to burn. (I also skinned all the chicken)

Let it simmer and cook away for about 3 hours. When you are done, fish out the pieces of chicken and dump all the drippings into a pot. Add some salt and pepper, a tablespoon of butter, and whisk it all together while it bubbles. I suppose it's supposed to thicken but mine didn't, so I added about 2 tbsp of cornstarch to some water and then whisked that in as well. Then I zested a lemon into it and squeezed in the juice from one half. (because lemon just makes everything a bit brighter, I think)

Serve with some mashed potatoes and peas, and you have the easiest roast chicken dinner with gravy on the planet.

Oh, you need details and measurements and things? Go visit Sydney at The Crepes of Wrath. She'd be thrilled to see you!
© 2005-2017 all written and photographic content by Scattered Mom/Karen Humphrey (unless otherwise specified) and may not be reproduced or used in any manner without consent. All rights reserved.

© 2014 Chasing Tomatoes, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena