Printfriendly

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Halloween Cookie Pops



Cookies? Like a giant lollipop? You betcha'-these babies are so easy, you won't believe you hadn't thought of it before. First, I bought some Cookie Pop sticks at Michael's. The ones pictured are by Wilton's.

Then, I made a basic chocolate chip cookie dough. I spooned it out onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, making the cookies bigger then I normally do. About 2 Tbsp was enough dough. Then, I stuck in a bunch of candy coated chocolates (*see note at the end). When you spoon out the dough, shape the cookies at either end of the cookie sheet, only doing 2 at each end, so 4 cookie pops total. Why am I telling you to do this? You will need room for the sticks! Push sticks into the dough, making sure the entire end of the stick is covered.



Bake as usual. They may take a few minutes longer because they are bigger. When they are finished baking, allow them to cool on the cookie sheet before you attempt to move them. Moving them too soon will cause the stick to break through the soft cookie.



When they are all baked and cooled, cover with a plastic sleeve, tie with ribbon or twine, and they are good to go!

*Note: While the candies used in the photo are Smarties, I can't recommend them. Smarties have changed-and while their website says they taste the same, I strongly disagree. I disliked the new "no artificial color" Smarties so much, I actually threw the remaining ones in the garbage. Anyone who knows me would gasp at that last statement-I NEVER throw chocolate away. Especially Smarties!

Try using Dark Chocolate M&Ms instead. They are delicious!
© 2005-2017 all written and photographic content by Scattered Mom/Karen Humphrey (unless otherwise specified) and may not be reproduced or used in any manner without consent. All rights reserved.

© 2014 Chasing Tomatoes, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena